Pages

Sunday, August 4, 2013

More Than Anything

Sorry it's been so long since I've posted on here! Sometimes life just gets so crazy. But I haven't neglected this blog in my thought life. Hopefully that counts for something- haha!

You know, I've been thinking a lot lately about idolizing things. Especially living in the 21st century, everything is all about the stuff. It used to not bother me as much, but I think it all goes hand in hand with being a fashion blogger. As funny as it seems, it can be so easy to lose focus and think about the material things instead of living for Christ. Balance is so hard sometimes! And it's not always things either. Sometimes for me it can be memories or people.

We were singing a song in church today- the lyrics were like this

"I need you more, more than yesterday
I need you more, more than words can say
More than the air I breathe
More than the song I sing
More than the next heart beat
More than anything"

The word that really stood out to me was, anything. Just think about it for a minute. Fill in anything with whatever you idolize- a thing, a memory, a job, a person. Crazy right? It reminds me that even though we stress over things in life, God is all we need, more than anything.

Matthew 6:33
But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.


3 comments:

  1. How beautiful Alex :)

    When we are under His control, the Holy Spirit reminds us when we stay far from Him. He will draw us close again. He is so gracious and I am glad you found this when you were at church.

    I need to always remember this, I am going to have new life soon, I've been thinking that I dont want to be busy and forget time with Him.

    Blessing,
    Delvalina


    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. I struggle with this a lot. Great reminder :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such an inspiration! I want to follow you but I am not sure how but I followed you on instagram!


    www.trendinginfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete