Pages

Friday, July 5, 2013

Accepting Change

I don't know about all of you, but as I always say, I'm a creature of habit. I just like things to remain consistent ( for the most part). Of course every now and then a little change can be a good thing. But in general I really hate it when people and places move on. It always seems like I'm sort of left behind if that makes sense. I found this quote once, and it couldn't ring any truer in my ears, " You get a strange feeling when you are about to leave a place, like you'll not only miss the people you love but also miss the person you are now at this time and place because you'll never be this way again."

Sometimes I feel like that sums up my life. I meet people, ( I get really attached- must be my personality) , then all of the sudden it's over. And they all leave. They move on. And I'm left behind.

Gotta say, that's one thing I struggle with- change. It seems like everyone else is so ready to let go. Maybe that's an incapability of mine. If I really let my mind go wild I could probably get a little sick from it sometimes. Honestly, this all probably makes me sound like a bit of a freak, I don't know. Do any of you ever feel this way?

One verse that I've been looking to lately really helps me through a lot. I think I may make it into my life verse,

Proverbs 3:5-6: Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways submit to him and he will make your paths straight."

That verse just hits home a lot of times and it is a great reminder for my worrying mind! If I just trust the Lord, he will guide me in my life. Thank God for the peace that only his word can give.

8 comments:

  1. Amen! I can definitely relate to you, Alex. Change can be difficult to accept, difficult to navigate, but thank goodness we can trust in the Lord & have his peace in our lives.
    -Carley
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen. I really relate to what you are saying here. I've moved around a lot in my life and it is hard for me, but I'm slowly learning to accept change and trust God to guide me to where I am supposed to be.
    I've just come across your blog from the ModCloth style gallery:)
    -Lauren <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it really does just all boil down to trust.. ah la vie!

      Thank you for following- followed you back!

      Delete
  3. you're just same with me...I dont like changing but sometimes I have to push myself to see the Lord in new things :)

    Blessing to you.

    Love,
    Delvalina

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, change is so hard. I have had friendship's end, friends move, and my life become different with school and many other things and I do not like it! I guess this is one thing I am trying to become okay with "change." But boy its not easy, but with the Lord's help I know its possible!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is so true I love this post and it makes me glad I am not the only one who feels this way. I struggle with change (except changing my hair that is fun change) but I mean when people and circumstances change. Great post darling!
    xo Ilana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha- yes, those little changes can be awesome. So glad to hear there are more girls that feel the same way!

      Delete